The first two days of bargaining have been very productive for the AU and CUPE bargaining teams who met Nov. 4 and 5, 2021, after exchanging non-monetary proposals on Sept. 29, 2021.
The following articles were discussed, and many items were agreed upon:
- Article 1: Definitions: several items signed off; more discussion required
- Article 2: Union Recognition: several items signed off; more discussion required
- Article 9: No Discrimination: signed off
- Article 24: Grievance Procedure: signed off
- Article 31: Personnel File: signed off
- Article 34: Appeal Process: signed off
- Article 25: Union Relations: signed off
Both parties are scheduled to meet again on Nov. 17, 2021.